Quotes For Riding and Life

My mother sent me this collection of quotes about travel and living in general. Some of them make you think about riding; others are profound statements that could apply to life. They struck a chord with me so I thought others might enjoy them. From the perspective of a motorcycle rider, they totally apply.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it - Yogi Berra

Bless not only the road but the bumps in the road. They are all part of the journey - Julia Cameron

It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end - Ursula K. Le Guin

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness - Anonymous

A pleasant companion reduces the length of the journey - Publilius Syrus

A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving - Lao Tzu

My favorite thing is to go where I've never gone - Diane Arbus

The world is a great book....They who never stir from home read only a page - St. Augustine

The voyage of discovery lies not in finding new landscapes but in having new eyes - Marcel Proust

One sees great things from the valley; only small things from the peak - G.K. Chesterton

I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. - Robert L. Stevenson

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart - Confusious

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - Confusious

Travel is 90% anticipation and 10% recollection - E. Streeter

I have found that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them - Mark Twain