Saddlebag Envy

Every time that I ride the Vulcan I wish I had somewhere to put things. I usually carry a messanger bag with my lunch and items for work. If I need more, then I have a backpack that I wear. I feel like a dork.

It took me a long time to decide which way I wanted to go with my Vulcan. I wanted a sissy bar to strap things to, but not your typical Vulcan sissy bar. Then I thought of throw over saddlebags but I was pretty particular the look that I wanted. I couldn't find them. I finally was surfing one day in search of luggage and came across US Saddlebag. They had some bolt on bags that got my attention. On their website there is a place to choose your bike and the mouseover shows exactly what the bag will look like on YOUR bike. I kept going back to the website over the next few days and finally ordered a set for the Vulcan.

Here is what I chose:

These saddlebags have a special internal locking system and zippers that make it waterproof. The quality looks very fine and all of the products are made in New Bedford, Mass. They only take orders over the phone! Does anyone not have online ordering now? These guys are nice, and give that personal touch of friendly service. All shipping is included in their prices. My bags should be here by early next week. I can hardly wait for them to get here so I can put them on. There will be photos.

I'm eyeing the chaps they have at US Saddlebag......they look pretty fine. Might have to get some of those next.