The Dreaded Kawasaki Vulcan Recall

Usually I am anxious to go out and check my mailbox each day to see what the Postman has brought me. Yesterday, he brought me the dreaded letter from Kawasaki. I opened it with reluctance.

I had been given a 'heads up' by a fellow blogger, the "Joker". He had commented last week that there might be a recall on my '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic. He was right. It affects all '06 to '08 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic, Custom, and Classic LT models.

The letter says that my bike might have a problem with the fuel hose connection to the fuel injector delivery pipe. The hose could come off, creating a fuel leak resulting in fire or explosion that could cause injury or death. Great!

I am told: DO NOT OPERATE YOUR MOTORCYCLE.
STORE YOUR MOTORCYCLE IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA AWAY FROM SOURCE OF IGNITION.

Now I am to call my dealer and schedule an appointment to have it checked. I don't know how they think I am supposed to get it there if I can't ride it.

The frustrating thing to me is that I just had it into the dealer's the week before the 'official' recall date for its first oil change and maintenance. I think my dealership knew about the recall at that time, but couldn't check it then. It pisses me off that I will have to take it back in, schedule an appointment at a place that usually can't get you in for a week or more, and then hope it doesn't need a part or something that they don't have in stock. It's getting riding weather, Man.