Has It Been A Year Already?

I had looked forward to the date when Biker Chickz Blog was 1 year old. Somehow life and time got away from me and whooooooosh I missed my 1 year anniversary.

August 12, 2007 I felt that I was ready to start something new. I had always wanted to write, thinking that someday I would write a book about my life. It had been tragic and interesting, to say the least. Now I'm conviced that no one wants to hear about my past life. When I took up motorcycling I found a passion that I haven't had for too many things in my life. A chain of events led up to my making contact with a friend from 30 years ago through the internet, and finding out that she was an internet entrepreneur. I was amazed and wanted to know how I, too, could make a living without working for 'the man'. Her first suggestion was to start a website or blog.

One thing led to another and Biker Chickz Blog was born. It has not provided me with any substantial income. What it has given me is something that I feel proud ownership of, and a responsibility to my readers to provide content that might be interesting. Sometimes I don't feel like it, or have nothing to say. If I bother to write anything, I am rewarded with immediate response and comments and a new face every now and then. I feel like I've found friends, even though nobody really knows me.

Writing my thoughts down for all the world to see has been a great experience. I love it when I can provide photos, which I think makes a more quality experience. Thanks to all my regular readers for sticking with me. I hope everyone has enjoyed the blog so far, as it will always be evolving. Next year I plan to be living in the Bay Area, so there will be new roads to travel and write about. Stay tuned!