What The Heck Was That?

One day recently my co-worker pulled up into the parking lot at work on this crazy scooter. He had just bought it and is getting used to riding. It is so crazy looking that every day we watch as people walk by our building, take a second look at the bike, and you can see the puzzled look on their faces as they notice the two wheels in front. Almost everyone turns and walks around the bike to see what it is. It's funny and entertaining to watch.




The scooter is a Piaggio MP3 500, made in Italy. Piaggio is the company that makes Vespas. This one looks like an evil babboon, or a crazy bug. They are kind of pricey for a scooter, but worth the attention that it gets from everyone. He's had people pulling up next to him at a stop light and asking, "What the heck is that thing?" There is one more Piaggio scooter rider in the Redmond area, which is the one my co-worker saw that made him have to have it.

I've heard there are other bikes now with 2 wheels in front, but I've never seen them. I guess it would be fun to ride, but kind of strange. I'll stick with my 2 wheel baby!